Main signs of autism
Common signs of autism in adults include:
- finding it hard to understand what others are thinking or feeling
- getting very anxious about social situations
- finding it hard to make friends or preferring to be on your own
- seeming blunt, rude or not interested in others without meaning to
- finding it hard to say how you feel
- taking things very literally – for example, you may not understand sarcasm or phrases like “break a leg”
- having the same routine every day and getting very anxious if it changes
If anyone out there feels like this is you, don’t be embarrassed or afraid.
Come forward for a test.
Most adults who get their condition recognised, have described it as a relief and as a tool to better understand themselves.