Dr V P Nair
MBBS (Lucknow, India), MRCP (Internal Medicine, UK), MRCP (Int Med, Ireland), MRCGP (Family Med, UK), FAMS (Cardiology, Singapore), FRCP (Int Med, Edinburgh), FRCP (Int Med, Ireland), FRCGP (Family Med, UK), FRCP (Int Med, London), FESC(France), FCCP (USA), FACC (USA), FSCAI (USA)
Visiting Consultant Cardiologist
Dr. V.P. Nair works as a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre in Singapore. He completed his medical degree (MBBS) from Lucknow and obtained MRCP degrees from the UK and Ireland. He has gained extensive experience in the field of Cardiology through his work in Cardiology Departments in England and Singapore. Dr. Nair has pursued further postgraduate qualifications, including FRCP (Ireland), FRCGP (UK), FRCP (Edinburgh), FAMS (Cardiology, Singapore), FRCP (London), FESC (Europe), FCCP (USA), and FSCAI (USA).
He received specialized training in balloon angioplasty and stenting at renowned medical institutions such as the Regional Cardio-Thoracic Centre in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, the San Francisco Heart Institute in the USA, the Cleveland Clinic in the USA, and Broussais University Hospital in Paris, France. Dr. Nair has made significant contributions to the field of Cardiology, with numerous scientific publications and participation in regional and international Cardiology conferences, including the World Congress of Cardiology.
In addition to his medical work, Dr. Nair actively engages in various social, cultural, educational, sports, and voluntary activities. He frequently delivers lectures to doctors, including general practitioners, specialists, nurses, and paramedics in Singapore and several Asian countries. Dr. Nair has also given talks and demonstrations on innovative topics such as cardio cerebral resuscitation (CCR), laughter aerobics, PTCA & Stenting, and cardio biomarkers to both the medical community and the public in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, and other countries. He serves as a visiting consultant at the National Heart Centre.
Among his achievements:
• Chairman, Code Blue and Critical Care Committee of Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore (1996 to 1998)
• Treasurer, the Singapore Medical Association (1991/92)
• Charter President, the Rotary Club of Orchard, Singapore (1990/91)
• President, the Singapore Malayalee Association (1970/71) and Trustee to date.
• President, Singapore Hindu Centre (2001 – 2007) and Trustee to date.
• President, the Global Organization of People Of Indian Origin (GOPIO) (2001 – 2012) and Advisor.
• Plenary session speaker, World Congress of Cardiology (16th November 1990)
• Guest Speaker, 20th Annual Scientific Meeting of Indonesian Heart Association (26th March 2011)
• Patron, Cairnhill Community Club
• Patron, Citizens Consultative Committee Henderson
• Member, Transplant Ethics committee under HOTA (Human Organ Transplant Act)
• PBM – Pingat Bakti Masyarakat (Singapore) – Public Service Medal (2009)
• Hind Rattan award (2001)
• Outstanding Malayalee Award (1994)
• Pravasi Excellent Award for Healthcare (2017)